MSN, Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. (HFM U.S.) and BermanBraun announced the launch of Glo (www.Glo.com), a lifestyle site that focuses on style, beauty, living and relationship content through a uniquely engaging and dynamic experience. Glo provides users with everyday inspiration, and practical ways to attain their best life. It combines the imagery and feel of a magazine with the appeal of another MSN site, WONDERWALL, to offer an online destination that is neither traditional Web nor print, but a unique escape for women on the web, according to the official press release.
Glo utilizes a unique vertical scrolling method that is a feature exclusive to the site as an online lifestyle destination. Glo presents its topics daily with a fresh and in-the-know perspective, filled with glossy, full screen photo galleries, videos, and unique features. Glo features original content from its editorial team, HFM U.S. properties, MSN properties and relevant content from popular lifestyle sites including: Sugar/Sugar Entertainment, LimeLife, Modelinia, Remodelista, and more. Glo's key features include:
• Scrapbook: Allows readers to save a custom page of their favorite images and ideas from the site, just as if they were tearing them out of a magazine.
• Sharing Tools: Sharing tools are included on each page and allow readers to share articles, videos, and more with friends and family via email, Twitter, Facebook and Windows Live.
• Bing Integration: Bing, the new generation from search from Microsoft, is deeply integrated through-out Glo. Bing is a decision engine that offers a faster way to make more informed choices.
• Facebook: This feature allows customers to comment on articles and videos they see on Glo using their Facebook login information.
• Full Screen Photo Galleries: Glo is loaded with visually compelling, full screen photo galleries, covering a range of topics that are better seen than read, such as the best shade of red lipstick and chic body art.
The design, programming and operations of the new digital brand will be spearheaded by BermanBraun and HFM U.S. Glo is accessible at http://www.glo.com as well as through the MSN home page, editorial programming across the MSN network, and across HFM U.S. online properties.
MSN will lead the advertising sales efforts along with HFM U.S. on selected accounts. Major brands such as JCPenney and Fox Broadcasting Company have signed on as inaugural advertisers. Anne Weintraub, who has held various positions at ELLE US including former Online Director, has been appointed as the executive editor of Glo.
Consumption of online lifestyle media is on the rise, with total minutes in the lifestyle category growing 10 percent over the past year. For MSN, lifestyle is amongst the most popular content categories, reaching more than 8.2 million unique users a month. MSN will offer Glo in conjunction with its lifestyle portfolio, including MSN Lifestyle, Delish and MSN Health & Fitness. This announcement's timing seems perfect, just as the iPad hits the stores…